He consults to the SMB market, including pre- and post- revenue generating businesses. Erik works with executives and senior team members. He advises, audits, mentors, and steps in to lead his clients to higher ROI. Erik’s results replace expensive missteps in scaling a business with proven strategies and tactics for growth and profitability.
- Building and selling a GIS consulting business at age 25 for $2.5M
- Packaging and selling an entertainment media platform for $30M
- Increasing top-line revenues by 33% when leading a re-launch effort
- Grew leadership bench by 3x in 18 months by driving an accelerated mentorship program.
- Re-orienting team focus and operations to increase platform stability, increasing deployment cycles by 2x, and reducing rollbacks by 50%
- Optimizing a managed-service environment to reduce costs by 60% in 4 months.
- Building a technology team of 25 from scratch in 90 days to support an emerging business line.
Erik’s portfolio of businesses include WarnerBros., Dreamworks SKG, Ticketmaster, Hollywood.com (sold to Times-Mirror, 1999), Qwest Communications, Luxury Link, and Evite. Additionally, he’s consulted for Riot Games, Holland America Cruise Lines, ESPN, Yokohama Tire Corporation, Cedars-Sinai, and Alaska Airlines.
Erik’s colleagues say: “He always provided … the best advice on technologies,” and “he bridged the gap between Product & Engineering teams with his impeccable diplomacy and communication skills.” “He is a strong leader that guides by listening, supporting and rallying,” and “he knows how to drive projects and initiatives to completion.” “He has the foresight to … address potential operational needs to further increase the ROI.”
He consults to businesses in both the B2C and B2B markets across digital media, commerce, and marketing & advertising platforms that leverage web, mobile & social channels.
A technology architect, a hands-on leader, a driver of efficiency, his work includes the practice of lean & iterative implementation, team building, risk-assessment & mitigation, due diligence, capacity planning, KPI-driven operations, and revenue/expense forecast modeling.
Erik is an industry speaker with numerous publications. He’s active in the West Coast community, and sits on the board of several early stage ventures.